take TIME to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you

My Other Blog

MY CAMERA

MY CAMERA
Most of the photos you see here are taken with either my old camera - Kodak EasyShare C713 or my new Hitachi HDC-1086E

Saturday 21 February 2009

Being Almost Vegan


Yep, I've come to realise that by choosing to be vegetarian and then becoming lactose intolerant, I am all but vegan now. The only things that stop me being completely vegan are the fact that I still eat eggs, goats cheese and fish (as long as it's in batter or breadcrumbs).

It was my youngest sister's birthday on the 19th and she's vegetarian too, so we went to the Rainbow in Cambridge. We'd never been to a vegetarian restaurant before and were quite looking forward to sitting down to a meal out and not be surrounded by the smell and sight of meat and fish. When we got there, it was so quaint and there was so much choice for us. Much better than the pasta that vegetarians usually get offered. What to have was a decision and a half. In the end we both went for tomato and lentil soup and tajine a'lgerienne, then Jo had chocolate cola cake and I had vegan lemon and blackberry cheesecake. What was an even nicer surprise, was that I was given the sliver of leftover cheesecake to bring home. We never thought to take photos of our meal, but the photos on this post are of the restaurant sign and Jo after we'd eaten. Unfortunately it was raining quite hard, so the shots aren't as good as they could have been.

A big thumbs upto the people who run and work there. It's open from 10am to 10pm and they're happy for people to sit in there just with a drink. We're certainly earmarking it for future visits.

Thanks for looking and if you're in Cambridge wanting food or drink, why not check them out yourself?

Take care, Love and hugs
Sarah C xoxo

No comments: